Third Week of the Medi-Weightloss Program: Snacks!
Here is a sample of snacks allowed:
- Pork rinds, 1/2 oz, 80 calories, 5 g fat, 0 g carbs
- Cheese Stick, 80 calories, 6 g fat, 2.5 g carbs
- Almonds, 14 nuts, 85 calories,8 g fat, 2.5 g carbs
- Raw Broccoli & Cauliflour, 1 cup, 25 calories, 0 g fat, 5 g carbs
- Beef Jerky, 1 0z., 80 calories, .5 g fat, 3 g carbs
- Hard Boiled Egg, 78 calories, 5.3 g fat, .6 g carbs
- Sunflower Seeds, 1/2 oz, 82 calories, 7 g fat, 3.4 g carbs
- 5 celery sticks with 1 tbls peanut butter, 100 calories, 8 g fat, 3 g carbs
- 17 pieces of Hormel turkey Pepperoni, microwaved until crisp, 73 calories, 3.5 g fat, 1.1 g carbs
- 1/4 cup berries, with 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese, 60 calories, .5 g fat, 9 g carbs
To Do List for Week 3:
Keep journaling your food and activity
30 minutes of exercise 3 times during the week.
Get plenty of rest!
Start a Recipe Notebook
Research websites for recipes good for low carb, low fat diets. (Diabetic websites work well) and print recipes to keep in a recipe notebook. I use a regular 3-ring binder filled with clear plastic sleeves. I add recipes to it regularly!